Thursday, July 01, 2010

They never made it..part I


This started out as a meeting sketch...I still have the image of what I wanted to do...


I even started making more refined character sketches...

But as what happens sometimes in life I got sidetracked...I've done a lot of pics since I started wanting to do this...and at some point before I die I have plans to finish this out because I think it would turn out pretty nice. I think I got caught up in trying to figure if I wanted to do it in pointillism, graphite, or colored pencil. That issue has killed several projects and caused me to restart others...(example...the styraco which I have been working on pretty diligently the last few weeks and will give updated pics on later...started it in graphite and then got disappointed in several things and switched to pointillism.) I get excited looking at the sketch and beat myself up a bit for not following through on it..but I'll get to it eventually. If someone would donate 20 acres of land and build me an art studio I'd even get back into oil painting...heck, I'd probably even give them the picture for free...

1 comment:

steve said...

Haha! Yeah, I'll vouch for the last sentence. Man, these are great sketches though Brian! Love how that chicken is holding the hoe with its foot. I admire how you put so much time into projects. I know I get pretty impatient and want to see an outcome right away. I think I've gotten more patient though. Anyhow, keep it up!