Friday, July 23, 2010

Pointillism Triceratops




(click images to enlarge)

Finished this about a week ago and have been busy working on a couple of other items. I worked smaller (15x20) than some of the other pointillism attempts which made it go quicker (I just finished 90% of the detailing on my styraco and now must tackle the background...and I've been working off and on on that for months)...but not sure if I'm happy with the level of detail. Usually at this point I would run some prints and then paint it in watercolor. At this time I have no printing option that would allow me to print it to scale and do this...and printing it smaller would probably not be too good because of the detail issue. So I have to debate if I want to try the one shot deal on the illustration board...



I tried to post the image and for some reason the central area comes up blurry...so I posted a close up...

2 comments:

steve said...

Hey Brian, man I'm glad I stopped by here. This is so insanely great. I'll bet your hand is all gnarled and cramped now. But, holy cow, the way you rendered the tree, the composition, the skill!

Abz said...

Such crazy detail! Wow!