Monday, August 09, 2010

Head Sketches


This guy is getting prepped for colored pencil treatment...I sketched out the head and have the overall general idea for what I am going to do...(hint...turtle in the mouth)...I am in the middle of a large scale color pencil drawing right now but will need something to keep me active as I start tackling the pointillism Styraco again...I have less than two weeks left before school starts so I should finish the Colored pencil drawing tomorrow...then it will be a hard week on getting Styraco done...by working slow I keep getting ideas which has generally paid of in the long run for me...


Earlier in the year I purchased James Gurney's book Imaginative Realism...(and if you haven't grabbed it you should...as well as checking out his blog)...I've been planning on trying his painting technique with oils so I think this guy might be a good candidate for my stepping back into that game in September...not too difficult a subject but with some opportunities to learn and still have some detail work.


If all goes well then I have a scene to paint involving this guy...a little dragonish critter...He also looks like a good candidate for a sculpy playdate! I have tools ordered and have been formulating some of the 'know-how' the last little bit...

No comments: