Monday, November 09, 2009

Sometimes you just have to call a terd a terd part II


The more I worked on this the less happy I became...it was rather draining because things weren't turning out regardless of what I was trying. The head frill area wasn't 'turning' properly and seemed to be running too flat...the pose seemed too stiff...I noticed when I first laid it out that I had forced him onto the format...a bit too cramped...media use had some planning issues that I found out after the fact...

Of course there are some things I like...the idea...the area from behind the eye all the way to the beak...really like the eyeball and beak...a couple of the birds...while there might be some potential I just realize I'm never going to be happy with it...so I bit the bullet...I started over again so that I can take what I learned and really make this work...I might cut this up and save the good parts...but I know attempt two is going to be much better...and it'll get finished much quicker...which is a good thing since I already have the next idea sketched out...

2 comments:

Amy Zaleski said...

Hi Brine,

Thanks for saying hello. Sorry for not ever posting anymore...I simply do not have the luxury of time for blogging anymore, and am sans computer at the house. If you're really aching for something to see, I can send you some fun things I've done for work....Your stuff is great as usual!

valerie walsh said...

WOW! Beautiful to me, although I understand totally and you are so right there will be differences and the new one will make you happier :)