Saturday, May 03, 2008

Vector Art: Godzilla



(click to enlarge)

It took me a while to piece it together as time permitted, but I finally 'finished' the piece. (I have some small items to take care of for printing and might make some other small adjustments). Chris Leavens' awesome Saguaro Tortoise was the inspiration for doing the item in a vector program. One thing I enjoy seeing from other artists is their process from start to finish. I'll show the process on this later, but I urge other artists to show the process they go through to get to a finished piece. It provides great insight, shows the importance of proper planning, and can be a great teaching/learning experience. Often some of the best discussion have arisen on other artist blogs when they show how they got from point A to point Z.
KelMurphy just posted a sample of her process for an upcoming book...check it out!

6 comments:

valerie walsh said...

You did a beautiful job on this Brian!

Anonymous said...

NICE Godzilla!! I really like people's "takes" on him. I am working on my own "take". I sometimes find it more fun than simply copying a particular suit, or look as much. Very cool stuff here dude!!

steve said...

You've been a busy man, and it's obviously paid off!! fantastic work to say the least!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Godzilla, Brian. The details, especially on the train cars, are incredible. Your buildings are also very nicely done. You already know about my penchant for building-stomping monsters, so predictably, I really like this. Great work!

Anonymous said...

nice to see the finished project-

-robin

Anonymous said...

Wow, your Godzilla turned out awesome. I also think your "Gravity" piece was done really nice; rendering and concept.